22 August 2007

Being alone and being lonely

Why does the mind wander?
Why does your heart feel a longing for that it has never felt ?
Why is there this "quest" for something, anything ?
Why can't the mind, heart and a relative state of well being stay constant and retain happiness to never feel the "blues" ?
Why is being alone, lonely ?

I think for some people, there is this little voice somewhere inside that is saying, yes you are happy now, but there's more. There's more, you don't know it yet, but its there. You can't stop believing in it, because you know it exists, no matter how much it eludes you, no matter how much pain the pursuit of it causes, you know it exists and deep inside, you know you want it and you want let go of it. No matter how conscious an effort you make to not let it affect you, it resurfaces and when it does, you are lonely even when you are not alone.

Do I want to be rid of it? Can I get rid of it? If I did, will it make me happier ? If I did, will I never feel the emptiness ever again? I guess the answer is, you can't feel much empty when it already is the bottom of the barrel with nothing in it. Perhaps this is why they say hope keeps you afloat? For those that are courageous enough to let the water flow, I hope somewhere, sometime, you will let it in again.

As for me, I'm staying afloat for as long as it takes. No matter what.

No comments: